Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticket Terms and Conditions
These Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticket Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) govern all Tickets issued for the Tournament and the admission of all visitors to any Venue to attend any Match. In the case of any conflict or contradiction between these Conditions and the abbreviated form printed on the reverse side of each Ticket, these Conditions will prevail.
All capitalised terms used in these Conditions shall have the meanings given to them in Section 8 of these Conditions. All Tickets for the Rugby World Cup 2019 are issued by the Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee (“JR2019”) or third parties designated by JR2019, pursuant to authority granted by the Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”).
Any Ticket Purchaser or any person who possesses a Ticket, or uses or attempts to use any Ticket shall be deemed to have agreed to comply with these Conditions.
1 Ticket Purchase and Delivery
(1) Tickets may only be purchased from JR2019 (via the Official Ticketing Agent, including priority ticket sales) or from the Authorised Agents or through the Official Ticket Resale Scheme or through any other sale or transfer mechanism authorised in writing by RWCL. Only the individuals who are entitled by JR2019 to apply to the priority sales may apply or purchase Ticket. TICKETS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED IN BREACH OF THE ABOVE SHALL BE VOID AND MAY BE CONFISCATED OR CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND OR COMPENSATION.
(2) JR2019 reserves the right to limit, at the time of purchase, the maximum number of Tickets that any person may purchase for a Match. Tickets may be limited to a maximum number per person, per payment credit card and/or per household. JR2019 reserves the right to cancel without prior notice and without refund any Tickets purchased in excess of this number unless the purchase of such excess was due to our error. Software that runs automated tasks over the internet and/or that can replicate the online purchasing activity of multiple persons, including but not limited to ‘Bots’ or other forms of ‘ticket harvesting’ software, shall not be used to purchase Tickets on the Internet. Where JR2019 reasonably believes that Tickets have been obtained in this manner such Tickets shall be voidable and JR2019 reserves the right to cancel without prior notice and without refund.
(3) If any person under the age of 20 years (legal minor) wishes to purchase Tickets, such legal minor must obtain the consent of his/her person in parental authority or guardian (statutory agent). The nominated payment card or the registered bank account used to purchase Tickets must be registered in the name and address of the Ticket Purchaser. JR2019 reserves the right to refuse any application for Tickets from any person who fails to comply with this paragraph (3), or to cancel any Tickets purchased in breach of this condition.
(4) It is strictly prohibited to purchase or obtain Tickets for the purpose of selling, offering, disposing, exposing or making it available for sale or purchase to any third party (including, without limitation, putting Tickets on auction or internet auction), regardless of nature or method thereof. Where JR2019 reasonably believes that Tickets have been purchased or obtained for such prohibited purpose such Tickets shall be voidable and JR2019 reserves the right to cancel without prior notice and without refund.
(5) Once payment in full has been received by JR2019 or by the relevant Authorised Agent, confirmation of the sale and the Ticket Purchaser’s booking reference number will be notified to the Ticket Purchaser by email, telephone or in writing.
(6) The sale or other issuance of any Ticket is final and non-refundable except as outlined in Section 6 of these Conditions or as required by applicable laws. JR2019 shall not be responsible for any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, defaced or forged, and reserves the right not to replace any Ticket which is unreadable or incomplete. JR2019 reserves the right not to accept any Ticket that has been damaged, defaced or forged or any Ticket which is unreadable or incomplete.
(7) JR2019 reserves the right to issue Tickets in hard copy or as electronic tickets, or as plastic card (for bundle tickets).
(8) Hard copy Tickets will be delivered by means designated by JR2019 to the billing address of the Ticket Purchaser and not to any other address. Post office boxes (or similar) may not be registered as addresses for the delivery of hard copy Tickets. Electronic tickets will be issued via email to the Ticket Purchaser’s email address as specified in the Ticket Purchaser’s application.
(9) If any Tickets have not been received by the date notified upon its purchase, the Ticket Purchaser should contact the customer service centre (details of which will be given to the Ticket Purchaser at the time of the confirmation of sale) quoting the booking reference number given to the Ticket Purchaser at the time of the confirmation of sale.
(10) It is the Ticket Purchaser’s responsibility to check his/her Tickets on receipt and the Ticket Purchaser should contact the customer service centre as soon as possible if there is a mistake.
2 Ticket Use & Prohibitions on Transfers
(1) Save as set out in paragraphs (2) and (3) below, Tickets are STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE to any third party, and any person including Ticket Purchasers, Ticket Holders or any other person who uses or plans to use the Tickets are STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM SELLING, OFFERING, DISPOSING, EXPOSING OR MAKING IT AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR PURCHASE TO ANY THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PUTTING TICKETS ON AUCTION OR INTERNET AUCTION), REGARDLESS OF NATURE OR METHOD THEREOF. JR2019 reserves the right to cancel without refund any Tickets which JR2019 reasonably believes have been or are intended to be resold, offered, exposed or made available for sale, or transferred or otherwise disposed to any third party in breach of these Conditions.
(2) If more than one Ticket is issued to a Ticket Purchaser, the Ticket Purchaser must retain one Ticket for his/her personal use. Any remaining Tickets may only be used by persons who are known to the Ticket Purchaser personally (and who did not become known to the Ticket Purchaser through the sale or transfer of the Ticket), except in circumstances where, in the sole opinion of JR2019, it is unreasonable to expect the Ticket Purchaser to attend the match (in which case, the transferee of the Ticket Purchaser’s ticket, shall produce such form of identity as JR2019 may require and shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions herein), who accompany the Ticket Purchaser to the Match and are subject to the following conditions, save that such recipients of the Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets pursuant to this paragraph (2) shall not have any right to sell or transfer their Ticket to any other person and only the original Ticket Purchaser shall have the right to a refund from JR2019 in respect of such Tickets under Section 6 of these Conditions:
- a) any such Tickets must not be offered publicly (including on any website, social media site or other public forum) whether for sale, as a gift or donation or any other means of transfer and the sale or transfer of any such Tickets by the Ticket Purchaser to such recipients of the Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets must not be for a value greater than the Original Sale Price of the Ticket;
- b) the Ticket Purchaser must bring these Conditions and any applicable Venue Regulations to the attention of such recipients of the Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets and the transfer of any such Tickets by the Ticket Purchaser must be made strictly subject to these Conditions and any applicable Venue Regulations;
- c) these Conditions and any applicable Venue Regulations shall be binding upon such recipients of the Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets in full;
- d) the Ticket Purchaser shall ensure that such recipients of his/her Tickets comply with these Conditions and any applicable Venue Regulations, and JR2019 reserves the right to cancel the Ticket Purchaser’s own Ticket and refuse the Ticket Purchaser admission to and/or eject the Ticket Purchaser from the Venue without refund or compensation in the event of a breach of these Conditions and/or any applicable Venue Regulations by any such recipients of the Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets.
(3) Tickets purchased directly from JR2019 (but not bundle tickets or tickets purchased from or issued by an Authorised Agent) may be transferred by a Ticket Purchaser to a third party via the Official Ticket Resale Scheme which will be designated by JR2019. Further details of the Official Ticket Resale Scheme will be provided to Ticket Holders in due course by email to the Ticket Purchaser’s email address as specified in the Ticket Purchaser’s application and made available via the website https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com.
(4) Notwithstanding paragraphs (2) and (3) above, it is a condition of the issuance of every Ticket and the right of admission to a Venue that, the Ticket must not be:
- a) transferred, used or otherwise disposed of in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating a third party’s business; and/or
- b) for the purpose of being transferred, used or otherwise disposed of:
- i. in relation to any promotional or commercial purpose (including any competition, advertising, promotion, auction or as a prize in any competition or sweepstake, whether for a business or a charity or otherwise).
- ii. to enhance the demand for any other goods or services; and/or
- c) transferred or otherwise disposed of to any person who agrees to buy any good(s) or service(s) in return for the Ticket; and/or
- d) transferred, used, combined with or incorporated as part of any hospitality, entertainment, accommodation or travel package or service; and/or
- e) combined with any other good(s) or service(s) (including as part of any hospitality, entertainment, accommodation or travel package or service),
in each case without the prior written approval of RWCL.
(5) In the event that JR2019, the Official Ticket Agent, RWCL or any Authorised Person reasonably suspects that a Ticket Holder has obtained their Ticket(s) from an unauthorised group or individual or is in breach of these Conditions, the Ticket Holder shall, upon request by JR2019, the Official Ticket Agent, RWCL or any Authorised Person, give a full explanation as to how and from whom (including full contact details of the purchaser) his/her Ticket(s) have been obtained and at what price. If a Ticket Holder fails to provide a reasonably satisfactory explanation, JR2019 may cancel the Ticket(s) and refuse the Ticket Holder admission to and/or eject the Ticket Holder from the Venue without refund or compensation.
(6) Any Ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of in breach of paragraphs (2), (3) or (4) of these Conditions may be cancelled by JR2019, and any Ticket Holder seeking to use the Ticket may be refused admission to or evicted from the Venue without refund or compensation and may also be liable to legal action.
3 Venue Entry & Requirements
(1) These Conditions are subject to any additional requirements for crisis management, public order and security and safety conditions of admission to a particular Venue that may be issued by JR2019 from time to time (”Venue Regulations”). JR2019 shall notify Ticket Purchasers of any such Venue Regulations via email to the Ticket Purchaser’s email address as specified in the Ticket Purchaser’s application and made available via https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com. If a Ticket Holder fails to comply with the applicable Venue Regulations, he/she may be refused admission to the Venue or evicted from the Venue without refund or compensation. In the case of any conflict between these Conditions and the Venue Regulations, these Conditions will prevail.
(2) Admission to a Venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid Ticket and, if required by JR2019, RWCL and/or any Authorised Person, photographic proof of identity and proof of age. One Ticket will be required for each person, regardless of age; provided an infant two years and under, who will view the match on an adult’s lap and does not require a seat, may view the match without a Ticket (for one such infant per one adult). A valid Ticket permits the Ticket Holder to view the relevant Match from the seat indicated on that Ticket or such other alternative seat as JR2019 and/or RWCL may allocate acting reasonably. The Ticket Holder is not guaranteed an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of the Match from the seat provided, nor is any representation or warranty given as to the quality, content or duration of the Match. Any Ticket Holder leaving a Venue will not be re-admitted and no pass-outs will be permitted.
(3) For the purposes of safety, security and/or checking compliance with these Conditions, each Ticket Holder shall, if requested by any Authorised Person, co-operate and comply fully with the instructions and guidelines of such Authorised Person (including by producing a valid Ticket and photographic proof of identity and proof of age). A Ticket Holder may be required to submit to a body and possessions search & screen process for the purposes of identifying any Illegal or Prohibited Item or Restricted Item on their person, and any refusal by the Ticket Holder may result in refusal of admission to the Venue or eviction from the Venue without refund or compensation. Any identified Illegal Items shall be handed over to the Police. Any identified Prohibited or Restricted Items which are surrendered by a Ticket Holder as a condition of entry to the Venue shall be deemed to be surrendered irrevocably and voluntarily and will be unable to be reclaimed by the Ticket Holder and shall be disposed of by JR2019 without liability.
(4) JR2019, RWCL and/or any Authorised Person may refuse admission to the Venue or eject from the Venue without refund or compensation any Ticket Holder who:
- a) is noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any behaviour-modifying substance, or is behaving, or considered by any Authorised Person likely to behave, violently, harmfully, disruptively or in a manner contrary to public order and/or safety.
- b) brings or attempts to bring into a Venue, possesses or uses within a Venue or in the vicinity thereof any Illegal or Prohibited Item including, without limitation, any prohibited items stipulated separately under Venue Regulations and the following:
- i. firearms & ammunition (including component parts) or replica or imitation firearms or ammunition; all types of knives and bladed items; offensive weapons or implements, such as extendable batons, or any items modified into weapons or replica or imitation weapons; controlled drugs; explosives, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters or replica explosive devices; personal protection sprays, laser pointers & strobe lights; glass bottles and glass receptacles (medication bottles for personal use excluded); hazardous and/or toxic materials; aluminium or steel containers or aluminium or steel cans; plastic bottles; umbrellas (excluding folding umbrellas); or any item that an Authorised Person considers dangerous, hazardous and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or a missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the safety of (or pose a hazard to) any person or security at the Venue.
- ii. all wireless devices which emit radio waves (including phone jammers, radio scanners and walkie-talkies, wi-fi (wireless LAN) routers, Bluetooth devices and RFID tags); provided, however, excluding mobile phones for personal use and wireless devices which only have receiving functions (such as radios). Personal/private wireless and 3G or 4G access points/hubs (smart devices are permitted but must not be used as wireless access points to connect multiple devices) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and flying objects generally known as drones.
- iii. hard cool boxes.
- iv. compressed gas containers (otherwise than required for personal medical purposes).
- v. protest material of any kind, including banners, clothing, signs or materials displaying political, religious, offensive or race-related messages, slogans or images.
- vi. tents, spray paint or any other item which could be used to demonstrate within a Venue, sabotage or damage property.
- vii. any objects bearing trademarks or other kinds of promotional signs and messages (of whatever nature) which JR2019, RWCL or any Authorised Person believe are for promotional or ambush marketing purposes.
- viii. any tripods, monopods or video camera equipment whatsoever including ‘selfie sticks’ (whether or not for personal use); and any camera or other type of photographic or recording device (of any nature whatsoever and whether capturing still or moving pictures) other than for personal use.
- ix. bicycles, roller-skates, skateboards, scooters, wheeled footwear, prams and children’s buggies and similar items.
- x. pets or animals (other than guide/service dogs).
- c) brings or attempts to bring into a Venue, possesses or uses within a Venue any Restricted Item which, in the reasonable opinion of an Authorised Person, might compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment or comfort of any person at the Venue, such as, without limitation, large flags, banners and flag poles, oversized hats and large umbrellas, etc. which limit other people’s views, noisemakers which make excessive loud noises such as vuvuzelas and whistles, horns, air horns, drums, rattles (things emitting clatters and sounds), and musical instruments;
- d) brings or attempts to bring into a Venue any alcohol, food and/or non-alcoholic drinks (other than small amounts of food and non-alcoholic drinks for personal consumption);
- e) whilst within any Venue or vicinity thereof, engages in disruptive, dangerous or violent behaviour including (without limitation) throwing, casting, thrusting or propelling any object (including, without limitation, onto the Playing Surface), instigates violence, racism, xenophobia or homophobia, or behaves in a way that any reasonable person may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory and/or offensive, or creates or poses any threat to the life or safety of themselves or any other person(s), or harms any other person(s) in any way, or unreasonably obstructs the viewing of other spectators;
- f) whilst within any Venue, enters or circulates in restricted access areas or other areas where that person is not permitted (including, without limitation, the Playing Surface, changing rooms or other players’ or officials’ areas); or stands on seats; or climbs lighting masts, fences, roofs and other apparatus or constructions;
- g) is reasonably suspected by an Authorised Person of having committed, or being likely to commit, a criminal offence within the Venue or the vicinity thereof; and/or
- h) whilst within any Venue or the vicinity thereof, fails to comply with instructions from JR2019, RWCL and/or any Authorised Person;
- i) whilst within any Venue, damages, interferes with or tampers with any property of any third party;
- j) whilst within any Venue, smokes in any area where smoking is not permitted or uses an e-cigarette in any area where smoking is not permitted;
- k) brings or attempts to bring into a Venue, sells, possesses or uses within a Venue or in the vicinity thereof any sponsorship, promotional or commercial items or materials (of whatever nature) or any other third party without the prior written authorisation of RWCL and/or JR2019 (and the Ticket Holder may be asked to deliver a copy of any such authorisation upon entry to or whilst within any Venue);
- l) whilst within any Venue or the vicinity thereof, engages in any form of activity related to marketing or advertising (including ambush marketing), or conducts any commercial activity whatsoever, or offers (either for free or for sale), sells or possesses items with intent to sell (including, without limitation, drinks, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional and/or commercial items and literature), in each case without the prior written authorisation of RWCL and/or JR2019;
- m) whilst within any Venue hangs or drapes any flag or banner over any signage within the Venue;
- n) whilst within any Venue, engages in any form of gambling, or uses any computer and/or mobile device (including any portable, laptop or handheld computer tablet) to engage in any online betting activities in relation to the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of the Match, or records, compiles, transmits or disseminates (by any means) any scoring, statistical or other data for the direct or indirect purposes of gambling or gaming;
- o) offers to any third party any bribe or other reward to fix or contrive in any way or otherwise improperly influence the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of the Match and/or otherwise contacts or attempts to contact any player, coach, team or match official for a corrupt or improper purpose;
- p) is under the age of 16 years unless accompanied by his/her parent or guardian or other adult of the age of 20 or over designated by such parent or guardian;
- q) takes away or retains any match balls or other items;
- r) uses or operates any unmanned aerial vehicles and flying objects generally known as drones at the Venue or surrounding areas of the Venue; provided, however, those which JR2019 approved shall be excluded;
- s) destroys, damages, defacesany buildings, trees, works, other facilities, equipment or articles at the Venue or surrounding areas of the Venue;
- t) demands visitation or does not move though being requested to move from any part of the Venue or surrounding areas of the Venue;
- u) views with any items placed on the aisle or viewing from the aisle;
- v) enters or parks vehicles or bikes in areas at the Venue or surrounding areas of the Venue which are not permitted;
- w) conducts any protests or demonstrations, meetings, solicitation, public speeches, propagandas, missionary work at the Venue or surrounding areas of the Venue, etc.;
- x) conducts any other acts which will or may obstruct the undisturbed operation of the Tournament.
(5) No Ticket Holder shall be permitted to enter, attend or remain in attendance at any Venue if that person has been refused entry to or ejected from another Rugby World Cup 2019 match by JR2019, RWCL and/or any Authorised Person or is subject to a ban from attending the relevant Venue or any other sports ground by the relevant venue owner, sports governing body or any other competent authority.
(6) Ticket Holders must retain their Ticket at all times whilst within any Venue and Tickets must be presented for inspection upon request by JR2019, RWCL and/or any Authorised Person. Failure to do so may result in the Ticket Holder being ejected from the Venue without refund or compensation.
(7) There is no storage available at Venues for prams and children’s buggies, any surrendered Illegal or Prohibited Items or any Restricted Items or Ticket Holders’ other personal property.
4 Limitation of Liability
(1) Nothing in these Conditions seeks to exclude any liability under the Japanese Consumer Contract Act and other laws of JR2019, RWCL, the Official Ticketing Agent, the Authorised Agents, the owner of the Venue or any Authorised Person for damages, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
(2) THE LIABILITY OF JR2019, RWCL, THE OFFICIAL TICKETING AGENT AND THE AUTHORISED AGENTS SHALL (IN AGGREGATE) OTHERWISE BE LIMITED TO THE REFUND SET OUT IN SECTION 6 (INCLUSIVE) OF THESE CONDITIONS.
(3) PERSONAL ARRANGEMENTS INCLUDING TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION OR HOSPITALITY RELATING TO ATTENDANCE AT THE MATCH WHICH HAVE BEEN ARRANGED BY THE TICKET HOLDER ARE AT THE TICKET HOLDER’S OWN RISK AND NONE OF JR2019, RWCL, THE OFFICIAL TICKETING AGENT, OR THE AUTHORISED AGENTS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE TO THE TICKET HOLDER FOR ANY INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIFICALLY MENTAL SUFFERING, AND DAMAGE IN BUSINESS CONFIDENCE.
(4) THE TICKET HOLDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS/HER OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY BROUGHT TO AND INTO A VENUE. NONE OF JR2019, RWCL, THE OFFICIAL TICKETING AGENT, AUTHORISED AGENTS, THE OWNER OF THE VENUE OR ANY AUTHORISED PERSON ACCEPTS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, THEFT OR DAMAGE OF A TICKET HOLDER’S PERSONAL PROPERTY.
5 Media & Recordings
(1) Photographs or any other recordings of sound or images taken by a Ticket Holder within a Venue may be used for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes only. The Ticket Holder shall not, except for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes and in any event not for commercial gain, disseminate at any time, over the internet, radio, television and/or any other current and/or future form or type of media, any sound, image, description or result and/or statistics of a Match (in whole or in part) including (without limitation) any such content made, recorded or captured in still or moving form by mobile phones or by any other form of wireless and/or portable device, or to assist any other person(s) in the conduct of such activities.
(2) Each Ticket Holder attending a Match:
- a) acknowledges that he/she is likely to be recorded in a number of media and publicly disseminated;
- b) agrees that perpetual use may be made, free of charge, of his/her voice, image and likeness captured whilst present at or about the Venue (by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies) and waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual basis, all rights to object to such recording and the broadcasting, transmission or other dissemination thereof in any current and/or future media technologies;
- c) acknowledges and agrees that RWCL is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever in and to any recordings of sound or images taken within a Venue (including future rights to such recordings or to any works derived from such recordings) and waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, all rights (including moral rights) in and to any such recordings.; and
- d) hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grants to RWCL a perpetual, exclusive, freely assignable and royalty-free and worldwide licence to use, adapt, distribute and/or exploit, by any means and in any current and/or future form or type of media or format, any recordings taken by the Ticket Holder within a Venue in breach of Section 5, paragraph (1) of these Conditions.
6 Refunds, etc.
(1) JR2019 DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE MATCH FOR WHICH A TICKET IS ISSUED WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE DATE, TIME AND VENUE STATED ON THE TICKET. JR2019 reserves the right to make alterations to the time, date, duration and Venue of any Match or other details governed by any Ticket in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (without limitation), force majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from any Authorised Person or other competent authority. In the event of such alteration, neither JR2019, RWCL the Official Ticketing Agent, or any Authorised Agents will be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration, except to the extent set out in Section 6, paragraphs (4), (5), (6) and (7) of these Conditions.
(2) As soon as possible after JR2019 determines postponement, rescheduling or cancellation of a Match, all available information will be posted on https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com but it is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to ascertain whether a Match has been postponed, rescheduled or cancelled and any new dates, times, and venue.
(3) A Ticket will not be exchanged or refunded if:
- a) the Match is stopped for any reason after kick-off; or
- b) kick-off is delayed for any reason on the date of the Match; or
- c) the kick-off time of a Match changes but not the date.
(4) JR2019 shall only be required to refund a Ticket Purchaser (on application by the Ticket Purchaser) with the Face Value of the relevant Ticket, in the following circumstances:
- a) if the Match is postponed before kick-off and the Match is not rescheduled; or
- b) if the Match is postponed before kick-off and the Match is rescheduled to another date (whether at the original Venue or at a different Venue); or
- c) if the Match is not held due to cancellation of the Tournament; or
- d) if the Ticket Purchaser is otherwise entitled to a refund under Japanese law.
(5) If a Match is postponed before kick-off and the Match is rescheduled to another date (whether at the original Venue or at a different Venue), the Ticket Holder may:
- a) (if the Match is rescheduled to another date at the original Venue) either use the original Ticket for the rescheduled Match or apply for a refund pursuant to Section 6, paragraph (4)(b) of these Conditions; or
- b) (if the Match is rescheduled to a different Venue) either exchange the Ticket with JR2019 for a Ticket of the same or lower price category for the rescheduled Match (subject to availability of Tickets) or apply for a refund pursuant to Section 6, paragraph (4)(b) of these Conditions.
(6) The Ticket Purchaser shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees or charges paid in addition to the Face Value of the Ticket (for example, any Handling Fee or postage or courier charges) except where required by Japanese law. No interest or costs will be payable in respect of any monies refunded.
(7) Where Section 6 paragraph (4) of these Conditions applies, only the original Ticket Purchaser may apply for a refund. If JR2019 initiates a refund process under paragraphs (4)(a), (b) or (c) of these Conditions, the Ticket Purchaser will be advised of the process and the prescribed deadline for refund applications through the media or via direct communication within ten working days of the cancellation or rescheduling of the Match or the cancellation of the Tournament. The Ticket Purchaser must follow the prescribed process and deadline and produce the original Ticket or follow other procedures designated by JR2019 in order to be eligible for a refund. JR2019 shall not be required to issue a refund in relation to any Ticket which it reasonably believes has been the subject of a sale, transfer or disposal in breach of Section 2, paragraphs (2), (3) or (4) of these Conditions.
(1) These Conditions have been drafted in the Japanese language. Translations of these Conditions may be made available by JR2019 or the Authorised Agents. In the case of any conflict or ambiguity between the Japanese language version of these Conditions and any translation of them into any other language, the Japanese language version of these Conditions will prevail.
(2) Information about a Ticket Purchaser is gathered and stored by JR2019 to identify the Ticket Purchaser and for administration, communication, marketing, enforcement and access control purposes. The Ticket Purchaser has a right of access to and correction of his/her personal information by written request to JR2019.
(4) SAVE AS REQUIRED BY JAPANESE LAW, NONE OF JR2019, RWCL, THE OFFICIAL TICKETING AGENT OR ANY AUTHORISED AGENT ACCEPTS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, THEFT OR ACCIDENTAL DESTRUCTION OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE TICKET PURCHASER (AND ANY OTHER TICKET HOLDER) OR ANY FINANCIAL OR OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY RESULT THEREFROM.
(5) In the event that any provision of these Conditions is declared void, ineffective or unenforceable in any respect by any competent court in any jurisdiction, that provision shall be severed to the extent necessary in that jurisdiction, and the remainder of these Conditions will remain in effect as if such provision had not been included and the validity, enforceability and/or legal effect of such remaining Conditions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
(6) JR2019 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE AMENDMENTS TO THESE CONDITIONS FROM TIME TO TIME WHERE IT HAS A VALID REASON TO DO SO (including, without limitation, a change in the Venue Regulations). A full copy of the latest version of the Conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at the website: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com And JR2019 shall notify Ticket Purchasers of such changes via email to the Ticket Purchaser’s email address as specified in the Ticket Purchaser’s application if they materially affect Ticket Purchasers’ rights as a consumer.
(7) Any information requests or other correspondence in relation to these Conditions should be addressed to: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/faq.html
(8) Any breach of any these Conditions may result in the cancellation of the Ticket, the refusal of admission to the Ticket Holder to the Venue, or his/her eviction from the Venue, in each case without refund or compensation in addition to any other remedy that JR2019 and/or RWCL may have. No failure or delay by JR2019 and/or RWCL to exercise any right (in whole or in part) under these Conditions shall constitute a waiver of that right, nor restrict any further exercise of that right.
(9) All Tickets (and the copyright in all Tickets) remain the property of JR2019 and/or RWCL. Tickets are leased for the purpose of proving one’s qualification to admission. In the event of any breach of any of these Conditions by a Ticket Holder, Tickets must, upon the request of any Authorised Person, be delivered to that Authorised Person. Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which JR2019 and/or RWCL may have.
(10) These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Conditions which is not already set out in these Conditions.
(11) All the provisions of these Conditions shall be enforceable by JR2019, RWCL, the Official Ticketing Agent, and Authorised Agents.
(12) These Conditions will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Japanese law. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these Conditions or a Ticket Holder’s attendance at a Match will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, JR2019, RWCL, the Official Ticketing Agent and Authorised Agents reserve the right to pursue any legal proceedings in a competent court in the defendant's domicile, which proceedings shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Japanese law.
(13) These Conditions shall not affect a person’s statutory rights as a consumer.
When used in these Conditions, the following capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
“Authorised Agents” means RWCL and all persons appointed by or on behalf of RWCL in connection with the Tournament (including, but not limited to, Sports Travel and Hospitality Limited; the official travel agents (details of which are listed at http://supportertours.rugbyworldcup.com); official partners, official sponsors, official suppliers, official broadcasters and official licensees who are legally and contractually entitled to sell or distribute Tickets);
“Authorised Person(s)” means collectively all Tournament management, Venue management, Police, public bodies and agencies responsible for safety and security in connection with the Tournament or the Venue or a Match, and their respective staff, officials, representatives, officers and volunteers;
“Conditions” means these conditions and the Venue Regulations which are incorporated into these Conditions by reference, together with any amendments or updates to the same issued by or on behalf of JR2019 from time to time;
“JR2019” means Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee, 4-1 Kasumigaoka-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan;
“Face Value” means the specified price of the Ticket only (including Japanese consumption tax thereon) as stated on the face of the relevant Ticket, and excludes any Handling Fee (or part thereof) or other fees or charges paid by the Ticket Purchaser in respect of that Ticket (including postage or courier charges);
“Handling Fee” means the fee payable per Ticket transaction or order, charged in addition to the Face Value of the Ticket, for the processing and delivery of Tickets in that transaction or order (including Japanese consumption tax thereon);
“Illegal or Prohibited Item(s)” means those items specified in Section 3, paragraph (4)(b) of these Conditions and any other items from time to time prohibited from being brought into Venues (and Ticket Holders should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com from time to time for details of any additional Illegal or Prohibited Items);
"Match" means a game of rugby union forming part of the Tournament, the particulars of which are clearly indicated on the Ticket;
“Official Ticketing Agent” means the official appointed ticket agent of JR2019, acting as agent for JR2019;
“Official Ticket Resale Scheme” means the official online Ticket resale facility. Such scheme will be offered by JR2019 and thereby will enable the authorised resale of Tickets in accordance with Section 2, paragraph (3) of these Conditions. Ticket Purchasers should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com in due course for further details);
“Original Sale Price” means the specified price of each Ticket plus any Handling Fee (or part thereof) and other charges necessary to effect the sale or trade of that Ticket (including postage or courier charges);
“Playing Surface” means the area within the Venue on which the Match is played, together with any adjacent areas required for the purposes of the Match;
“Restricted Item(s)” those any item which, in the reasonable opinion of an Authorised Person, might compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment or comfort of any person at the Venue such as, without limitation, the items referred to in Section 3, paragraph (4)(c) of these Conditions (and Ticket Holders should check the ticketing information on https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com from time to time for details of any further examples of items which may only be brought into a Venue at the discretion of an Authorised Person);
“RWCL” means Rugby World Cup Limited of World Rugby House, 8-10 Pembroke Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland;
"Ticket" means a ticket (whether a hard copy ticket or an electronic ticket) evidencing a personal revocable licence from JR2019 for an individual to attend a particular Match at a particular Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon;
"Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred;
“Ticket Purchaser” means the individual who has purchased a Ticket or Tickets through the Tournament’s official ticket programme and/or through any Authorised Agent(s);
“Tournament” means the Rugby World Cup 2019 to be held in Japan;
“Venue” means the entire premises of a stadium where a Match is scheduled to take place including all adjacent and surrounding areas used or controlled by JR2019 in connection with the staging of the Tournament at the Venue; and
“Venue Regulations” means as defined in Section 3, paragraph (1).
“World Rugby” means the unincorporated association with its principal office in World Rugby House, 8-10 Pembroke Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland.
This policy was last updated on 6 February 2018.