- JR2019 provides or will provide services for Users on the Website (“Services”). Any guideline, warnings and other provisions which JR2019 posts on the Website and any terms and conditions in relation to the Services shall also constitute part of the Terms.
- Any matter not set out in these Terms relating to the use of the Website shall be determined as JR2019 sees fit.
- Users may only use this Website and Services after accepting these Terms and at all times must use the Website in accordance with these Terms.
II. Account Registration
- A User wishing to use the Services may apply to JR2019 for an account registration to use the Services. In order to do this a User must (a) agree to comply with these Terms; (b) agree to comply with the “Important Notes” (provided separately); and (c) provide certain information specified by JR2019 ("Registration Information") in such a manner as may be prescribed by JR2019.
- JR2019 shall, in its sole discretion, determine whether to register a person who makes an application pursuant to the previous paragraph ("Applicant"), and shall notify the Applicant of its approval. The Applicant's registration shall only be complete if JR2019 serves a notice of its approval.
- Access to the Website and the information on the Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) such a person is prohibited from accessing the Website. If the User is a person in a jurisdiction in which such prohibitions apply, the User must not apply for a user account and must not access this Website.
- JR2019 reserves the rights to refuse the registration or re-registration of any Applicant without any need to disclose the reasons for such refusal, in the event that:
(1) Any or all of the Registration Information provided by the Applicant to JR2019 is found to be false, inaccurate or incomplete;
(2) The Applicant is under the age of 20 years (minor), or an adult ward or person under guardianship or assistance, and approval has not been obtained from the Applicant's legal representative or guardian;
(3) The Applicant, in JR2019’s opinion, (i) is or has been an organized crime group, extremist organization, terror group, anarchist group or other similar person or entity or a member of such a group ("Antisocial Force"), (ii) has or has had any interaction or involvement with an Antisocial Force, or (iii) assists, is involved or has been involved in the maintenance, operation or management of an Antisocial Force by way of finance or other means;
(4) The Applicant is, in JR2019’s opinion, in violation of or has been in violation of any agreements with JR2019, or has any involvement with a defaulting party to any such agreements;
(5) The Applicant has suffered any of the measures under Article X; or
(6) JR2019 decides the registration is inappropriate for any reason.
III. Change to Registration Information
The User shall promptly notify JR2019 of any change to the Registration Information in such a manner as prescribed by JR2019.
IV. Password and User Account Management
- The User shall be responsible for keeping its password and user account for the Website safe and secure, and may not: allow a third party to use the user account; provide or transfer the user account; change the name of the user account; or sell or otherwise dispose of, the user account.
- The User shall at all times remain liable for all activities that occur under the User’s user account. The User shall immediately notify JR2019 if the User becomes aware of any unauthorised use of the User’s user account.
- The User shall be, and JR2019 shall in no event be, liable for all damages arising out of inappropriate management, misuse, or use of the User's password or user account by a third party.
V. Suspension of the Website
- JR2019 shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the User, suspend or discontinue the use of this Website by the User, in whole or in part, in the event that:
(1) Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for the Website needs to be performed;
(2) JR2019 is unable to provide the Website due to an event of force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disasters;
(3) Computers or communication lines are disrupted ; or
(4) JR2019 decides that suspension or discontinuance of the use of the Website is required for other reasons.
- Under no circumstances shall JR2019 be liable for any damages incurred by the User resulting from any suspension or discontinuance of the Website under this Article V.
VI. Copyright and Other Rights
- The copyright and any other intellectual property rights and any other rights in any works including individual text, image, movie and any others posted on the Website or used in the provision of the Services (“Contents”), shall belong to JR2019 or the respective legitimate right holders.
- RUGBY WORLD CUP, RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019, RWC, RWC 2019, the Webb Ellis Cup design, the tournament names, trophies, company names, trade names, logos, and designs of the Rugby World Cup (“RWC Marks”) and the names, logos and designs of all official sponsors, licensees and suppliers (“Third Party Marks”) belong exclusively to Rugby World Cup Limited or such third-party, as applicable, and are registered in territories around the world and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international laws, as applicable. Use of RWC Marks, the Third Party Marks and any associated marks without prior permission of the appropriate right holder is prohibited.
- Nothing stated or implied shall grant the User any licence or right to use the Contents (including the RWC Marks and Third Party Marks). The act of duplicating, publicly transmitting, revising, changing the Contents without permission, commercially using the Contents or posting or reprinting the Contents on any third party’s website without the permission of JR2019 or the appropriate right holder are prohibited. Any of these acts shall be a violation and/or infringement of the copyright and/or other rights of JR2019 or the legitimate right holders.
- Users may print, display or reprint pages from the Website for personal use only; provided that the User shall not, under any circumstances, delete, modify or change any of the Content.
- The User shall not incorporate any material from any part of the Website in any commercial work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form, and no part of a page from this Website may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose
- No application for a trademark registration for trademarks, logos, service marks and names posted on this Website and the Service may be filed without JR2019’s prior written consent.
VII. Prohibited Matters
In using this Website, the User shall not :
(1) Do anything that might damage the rights, interests, reputation, etc. of JR2019, Rugby World Cup Limited, other Users or other third parties
(2) Violate the privacy of others users or defame other users;
(3) Duplicate, publicly transmit, revise or change the Contents without permission;
(4) Commercially use the Contents;
(5) Post or reprint the Contents on any third party’s website or any content that you do not have the right to use without permission;
(6) Use the Website in any way which will violate the public order and morals;
(7) Use the site in any way that will violate or infringe any applicable laws or regulations, or in connection with any crime or intention to commit a criminal act;
(8) Upload or otherwise transmit or publish content or information, or participate in any form of discussion, which is unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or pornographic, racially offensive or which otherwise includes objectionable material
(9) Upload to or display on the Website, or publicly transmit, by email or other means, any content (such as computer viruses, computer codes, files or programs) which has been designed to or which might interfere with, destroy, or limit the functions of computer software, hardware or communication devices;
(10) Apply for a trademark registration for trademarks, logos, service marks and names posted on the Website;
(11) Use or alter any trademarks, logos, service marks and names posted on the Website;
(12) Place an excessive burden on the network or system of the Website;
(13) Threaten to interrupt the operation of the Website;
(14) Access or attempt to access the system or network of JR2019 or its service provider improperly;
(15) Impersonate any third party;
(16) Use the user account or password of other users of the Website;
(17) Cause damage or any uncomfortable feelings to other users of the Website or third parties;
(18) Provide any Antisocial Forces with profit;
(19) Cause or facilitate, directly or indirectly, any of the above acts; and
(20) Do any other act that JR2019, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate.
If JR2019 incurs any damage as a result of the User’s breach of any of these prohibited matters, the User shall be liable to JR2019 to provide full compensation for such damage.
The User or any third party shall not link to the Website (including so-called "deep links" to pages of the site other than the homepage) without the prior permission of JR2019. The Website may include links that lead to other websites or resources, and third party websites or resources may provide links that direct to this Website. JR2019 shall not be liable for use of such websites or for the results of such use or access. JR2019 expects Users to comply with the terms and conditions of such websites and resources.
If the User submits any contribution to the Website (including without limitation any text, graphics, photo, video or audio) the User shall, by such submission grant JR2019 a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, publish, distribute, broadcast, transmit, communicate to the public, perform, play, and exercise all copyright, database rights, publicity rights and other intellectual property rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or hereinafter developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If the User does not wish to grant such rights to JR2019, it must not submit a contribution to this Website. The User shall also waive irrevocably on a perpetual basis (or, where such waiver is not permitted under the laws of any jurisdiction, agree not to enforce) any moral rights or rights of paternity which may exist in its contributions.
By submitting a User contribution to the Website, the User warrants that such contribution (a) is the User’s own original work and that the User has the right to make it available to JR2019 for all the purposes specified above, (b) is not defamatory and (c) does not infringe any applicable law or the rights of any third party.
X. Cancellation of Registration
- JR2019 may without prior notice, temporarily suspend the use by the User of the Services or the Website or cancel the User's registration to the Website, in the event of any of the following;
(1) The User fails to comply with any provision of these Terms;
(2) Any of the Registration Information is found to be false;
(3) The User suspends any payments that are due, becomes insolvent, or a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation or other similar procedure is filed against the User;
(4) The User does not respond to inquiries from JR2019 or a third party on behalf of JR2019 for 30 days or more;
(5) The User is in breach of Article II, Paragraph 4; or
(6) if JR2019 determines that it is not appropriate for the User to use the Website or maintain its registration as a User.
- If one or more of events specified above occurs, all amounts owed to JR2019 by the User shall be automatically be deemed due, and the User shall immediately pay to JR2019 such amounts in full.
- JR2019 shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by JR2019 under this Article X.
XI. Cancellation of registration
- The User may cancel its registration as a User by giving notice to JR2019 in such a manner as specified by JR2019.
- Upon withdrawal, all amounts then due and payable from the User to JR2019, if any, shall be automatically be deemed due, and the User shall immediately pay to JR2019 all amounts owed to JR2019 in full.
- Treatment of the user information after the User cancels its registration shall be subject to the provisions of Article XVI.
XII. Modification and Termination of the Website or the Services
- JR2019 shall be entitled to modify or terminate the provision of the Website and/or the Services at any time in its sole discretion. JR2019 shall, if possible, notify, by way of statement on this Website or in any other appropriate manner, the User in advance of any intended termination by JR2019 of the Website and/or the Services.
- JR2019 shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by JR2019 pursuant to this Article XI.
JR2019 may post advertisements for JR2019 or any third parties on the Website but accepts no responsibility for the contents of any third party advertisments.
- JR2019 cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Website at all times. JR2019 provides no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the information posted on the Website or provided in relation to the Services. JR2019 shall not be liable, for any reason, for any damage arising out of the Users’ use of the information or failure to use the information on the Website.
- Except for damage arising out of or in connection with the willful or gross negligence of JR2019, under no circumstances shall JR2019 be liable for any damages incurred by the User arising out of the discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by JR2019 of the Website or the Services, cancellation or loss of messages or information transmitted by the User to the Services, deletion of the registration of the User, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services ("Damages").
- Subject to clause 2 of article XIV, JR2019 shall not be liable for any amount exceeding the consideration paid by the User to JR2019 under these Terms in the 12-month period preceding any Damages being incurred in relation to those Damages.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL JR2019 BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, FUTURE DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS.
- JR2019 shall not in any way be liable for transactions, communications or disputes between the User and other Users or a third party in connection with the Services or the Website.
The User shall keep confidential any and all non-public information disclosed by JR2019 to the User, in connection with this Website or the Services, unless the User has obtained prior written approval from JR2019.
XVI. Treatment of User Information
- JR2019 may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the User to JR2019 (including as statistical information) in a form that cannot identify an individual and the User may not challenge or dispute such use.
JR2019 reserves the right to amend or change these Terms. In the event of any amendment or change to these Terms, JR2019 shall post the amended or changed Terms on the Website. If the User continues to use the Website or the Services, or fails to cancel its registration within the time specified by JR2019, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to the amendment or change to these Terms.
Any inquiries with respect to the Website or the Services or other communications or notices from the User to JR2019, and any other communications or notices from JR2019 to the User shall be made in accordance with the procedures specified by JR2019.
- The User shall not assign, transfer, grant security interests in or otherwise dispose of any of its rights or obligations under these Terms (including the User’s right to use of this Website and/or the Services) without the prior written consent of JR2019.
- If JR2019 assigns the business which runs the Website and/or Services to a third party, JR2019 may, as part of such assignment, assign to that third party, its rights and obligations under this Terms and the Registration Information and other information relating to the User, and the User herby agrees to such assignment in advance.
If any provision of these Terms or part thereof is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Law of Japan or other laws or regulations that apply to the Terms, the remaining provisions shall remain full force and effect.
The original of these Terms has been prepared in the Japanese language. In the case of any inconsistency or difference between the original and the translation in any language other than Japanese, the Japanese version shall prevail.
XXII. Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan. If there are sales of goods as part of the Services, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG) shall not apply.
- Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
Enacted on 20th September 2017