Resale Service terms and conditions
- 1. These terms and conditions govern the posting of Rugby World Cup 2019 match tickets (“Tickets”) for resale using the official Rugby World Cup 2019 ticket resale service (the “Resale Service”).
- 2. The Resale Service is operated by Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee (“JR2019”).
- 3. The Resale Service can only be used by an individual (“Eligible Ticket Purchaser”) who has purchased Tickets directly from JR2019 using the Rugby World Cup 2019 Official Ticketing Site at https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/ (the “Website”).
- 4. The Resale Service is only available for regular match tickets (Price Categories A-D including wheelchair seats) purchased from the Website. Bundle tickets (Team Pack, Stadium Pack), Premium Seat and Sports Hospitality tickets cannot be posted for resale on the Website. The Resale Service cannot be used by individuals who have purchased Tickets from other sources, such as the official Rugby World Cup 2019 travel and hospitality programmes or directly via World Rugby/RWCL and IMG.
- 5. The Resale Service cannot be used by individuals who have acquired Tickets in breach of the applicable Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticket Terms and Conditions (which can be found at https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickettc-e/) (“Ticket T&Cs).
Posting tickets for resale
- 6. Subject to these terms and conditions, an Eligible Ticket Purchaser can use the Resale Service to apply to JR2019 for a refund of any Ticket he or she no longer wishes to use and JR2019 will issue a refund to the Eligible Ticket Purchaser in the event that JR2019 can resell that Ticket. The Resale Service does not operate as the sale of a Ticket by an Eligible Ticket Purchaser directly to a buyer.
- 7. An Eligible Ticket Purchaser can apply to JR2019 for a refund of any Ticket he or she no longer wishes to use until 4 days before the relevant Match day by selecting that Ticket for resale on “Official Resale” page of the Website and clicking ‘submit seats for resale’.
- 8. JR2019 will confirm by email to the Eligible Ticket Purchaser whether a Ticket has been approved to be posted for resale (i) within 3 business days of an Eligible Ticket Purchaser’s application to post that Ticket for resale in case where such application is made until 15 September 2019 and (ii) within the next business day in case where such application is made after 15 September 2019. Even if an Eligible Ticket Purchaser applied to JR2019 for resale by the date stipulated in Clause 7, but if a Ticket has not been approved to be posted for resale by JR2019 until 2 days before the relevant Match day, such application will be rejected, and the Ticket will not be posted for resale or refunded.
- 9. If the posting is approved by JR2019, a Ticket for the same seat will be made available for purchase by the public on the Website as part of the stock of Tickets available for purchase for that particular Match. Tickets posted for resale will not be resold in order of posting. The stock of Tickets available for purchase on the Website may include other Tickets for the same Match which have been posted for resale by other Eligible Ticket Purchasers as well as Tickets being offered for sale for the first time by JR2019.
Withdrawing tickets from resale
- 10. An Eligible Ticket Purchaser may withdraw a Ticket from being posted for resale on the Website at any time unless a replacement Ticket for the same seat has been allocated to a prospective buyer using the Website (by being allocated to that individual’s online ‘basket’) or has been sold to a buyer using the Website.
- 11. If a Ticket has been approved to be posted for resale but a replacement Ticket for the same seat remains unsold 2 days before the relevant Match day, the Ticket will be automatically withdrawn from being posted for resale and the tickets will remain valid and available for use by the ticket purchaser to attend the Match.
Resale and refund
- 12. JR2019 CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT A REPLACEMENT TICKET WILL BE SOLD FOR THE SAME SEAT AND, ACCORDINGLY, JR2019 CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT A REFUND WILL BE MADE UNLESS A REPLACEMENT TICKET IS SOLD FOR THE SAME SEAT. JR2019 CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT REPLACEMENT TICKETS WILL BE RESOLD FOR EVERY TICKET POSTED FOR RESALE BY AN ELIGIBLE TICKET PURCHASER.
- 13. In the event that a replacement Ticket for the same seat is sold by JR2019, JR2019 will notify the Eligible Ticket Purchaser by email and, subject to these terms and conditions and the process for the refund which will be notified and posted in accordance with Clause 15 below, will issue the Eligible Ticket Purchaser with a refund and cancel the Eligible Ticket Purchaser’s original Ticket.
- 14. JR2019 will refund the Eligible Ticket Purchaser the full face value of the relevant Ticket after deduction of the consignment fee equivalent to two percent (2%) of the ticket’s face value. Any delivery fee and charges, convenience store charges paid by the Eligible Ticket Purchaser in respect of the purchase of the original Ticket and donation made at the time of purchase will not be refunded by JR2019.
- 15. If a replacement Ticket for the same seat is sold, JR2019 will notify by email an Eligible Ticket Purchaser with the process for the refund which will also be posted on the Website.
- 16. Child Tickets posted for resale will be available for purchase as either child- or adult-priced Tickets. Subject to these terms and conditions, JR2019 will refund child Tickets at the relevant child rate irrespective of whether a replacement Ticket for the same seat is sold as an adult Ticket or as a child Ticket. An Eligible Ticket Purchaser must note that if posting a Ticket(s) for resale would leave a child and/or children under 16 years of age within the Eligible Ticketing Purchaser’s group unaccompanied at the relevant match, such a child and/or children under 16 years of age will be refused admission to the venue.
Wheelchair and Accessible tickets
- 17. Wheelchair Tickets can be posted for resale using the Resale Service.
- 18. Wheelchair Tickets cannot be posted for resale without the corresponding companion Ticket. Companion Tickets cannot be posted for resale without the corresponding wheelchair Ticket.
- 19. Any correspondence in relation to these terms and conditions should be addressed to:
Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee
4-1 Kasumigaoka-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0013 Japan
- 20. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the Resale Service and no party shall have any claim or remedy against the other party in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the Resale Service which is not already set out in these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not waive or modify the Ticket Terms and Conditions which govern the use of Tickets and admission to Rugby World Cup 2019 venues to attend matches.
- 21. Tickets purchased using the Resale Service are subject to the Ticket Terms and Conditions.
- 22. These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court of Japan. Notwithstanding the foregoing, JR2019 reserves the right to pursue legal proceedings in a competent court in the defendant's domicile, which proceedings shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan.