Ticket refund for Romania’s disqualification
In line with the independent disputes committee’s decision that Russia will qualify for Rugby World Cup 2019 as Europe 1 instead of Romania, Romania match tickets that have been purchased prior to this decision are eligible for a refund.
To receive a refund for tickets purchased for these matches, please read the conditions below and submit a refund request.
Russia will replace Romania as the participating team, but these matches will take place as previously announced. If you wish to keep your match tickets, please be assured that they will remain valid unless you submit a refund request.
We look forward to welcoming you on match day.
1. Matches eligible for refund (limited to ticket applications between Feb 19-May 12, 2018) :
- Match 1: Friday, 20th September 2019 - Japan vs Russia (previously Japan vs Romania)
- Match 9: Tuesday, 24th September 2019 - Russia vs Play-off winner (previously Romania vs Play-off winner)
- Match 22: Thursday, 3rd October 2019 - Ireland vs Russia (previously Ireland vs Romania)
- Match: 31 Wednesday, 9th October 2019 - Scotland vs Russia (previously Scotland vs Romania)
2. Ticket Categories eligible for refund:
All ticket categories, including premium seats.
3. Sales Phases eligible for refund:
Customers who have purchased Romania match tickets during the following sales phases are eligible for a refund:
- Priority Ballot Sale for Rugby Family in Japan: 19 February to 12 March, 2018
- Priority Ballot Sales for Host City Residents: 19 March to 12 April, 2018
- Priority Ballot Sales for Rugby Friends in Japan: 19 April to 12 May, 2018
*Tickets purchased during sales phases other than the above are not eligible for refund.
*Bundle tickets are not eligible for refund.
*Tickets purchased during the Priority Ballot Sales for Supporters Club Members / Front Row Members are not eligible for refund.
4. Refund request application period:
From 10:00 Friday, 20 July 2018 (JST) to 23:59 Monday, 20 August 2018 (JST).
5. How to submit a refund request:
Customers who have purchased tickets for eligible matches will receive an email on July 13, Friday (JST) that includes a link to the refund request form. If you prefer to be refunded, please access the link during the application period and submit the refund request form.
*Refund requests must be completed by the ticket purchaser.
*Errors in the refund request form may result in the delay of your refund.
*Refund requests cannot be cancelled once submitted.
6. Refund method:
- Customers who have completed online payments with credit/debit cards/Masterpass:
The amount will be refunded to your credit/debit card. An email to confirm that your refund has been approved is currently scheduled to be sent to your registered email address on September 7, 2018.
- Customers who have completed payments at convenience stores:
The amount will be refunded to your specified bank account. An email to confirm that your refund has been approved is currently scheduled to be sent to your registered email address on September 7, 2018. (Your bank account information is not required for the initial refund request)
Should you have any inquiries regarding the refund, please contact us during the refund request application period: July 13, Friday 10:00 (JST) to August 20, Friday (23:59) at:
If you have not received the email with the refund request form that was sent to you on July 13, Friday (JST), please check your spam folder. The email address that was used to send the email is: email@example.com
If you still cannot find it, please contact us at the above address and request that the email be resent.
Please send inquiry emails with the subject line “Refund for Romania Matches” and provide the following information:
- Email address registered to your ticketing page account
- Application Reference Number
- Your inquiry (or request for resending the refund email)