This Policy is governed by the laws of Japan. JR2019 shall interpret and operate this Policy and handle information collected, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in relation to protection of personal data/information.
Where Information is disclosed to Rugby World Cup Limited and/or World Rugby and its group companies in accordance with the terms of this Policy, it will be processed in accordance with the practices and policies of Rugby World Cup Limited and/or World Rugby. Please see: https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/privacy-policy and https://www.worldrugby.org/privacy-policy for further information.
Rugby World Cup Limited and World Rugby are subject to European data protection laws and each have their principal place of business at World Rugby House, 8 – 10 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Information to be Collected
In this Policy, “Information” means information that you register into an account in order to access the services provided via the Site and all other information collected by JR 2019 about you via the Site and in accordance with this Policy. This shall include personal information such as your name, email address and telephone number and financial information (such as credit or debit card details) you provide to us in connection with your purchase of tickets.
We may collect information about your interaction with the Site and the services on the Site. This may include information about your computer and/or mobile device, your IP address, operating system and browser type and information relating to your location. This information will be included in “Information”.
If you are under the age of 20 years (minor), or an adult ward or person under guardianship or assistance you must obtain approval from your legal representative or guardian before you send JR2019 any personal information.
By using the Site you agree that Information may be stored and processed by and/or on your behalf by JR2019. You may withdraw such agreement by contacting us at JR2019 Ticket Customer Centre as set forth below.
Purpose of Use of Information
We use Information about you for the following purposes:
- ● To promote the sale tickets to the Rugby World Cup 2019;
- ● To promote various tickets, goods, services, campaigns, events etc. of JR2019 and related goods and/or services;
- ● To process your orders for tickets and to process payments in respect of tickets;
- ● For analysis in order to improve our service quality, etc.;
- ● To provide customer support, including after-sales services;
- ● In response to your consultations and inquiries;
- ● To contact you to ask you to participate in surveys to be carried out by our research partners in relation to the impact of the Tournament and your experiences at the Tournament. Your participation in relation to any such survey is voluntary and you will not be asked to submit your name or any other data which seeks to identify you in connection with any such survey; and
- ● To disclose your Information to designated third parties as set forth in this Policy.
The legal basis on which we use your Information for the above purposes is the performance of a contract to which you are subject (i.e. the sale and delivery of tickets to the Rugby World Cup 2019) and/or to take steps at your request in advance of entering such contract, or potential contract, and, as regard us contacting you to participate in any survey, our legitimate interests in gathering information to assess and understand the impact of the Tournament (e.g. for the purposes of assisting the hosting and organisation of future versions of the Tournament).
If it becomes necessary for JR2019 to use your Information for any other reason, JR2019 will contact you in advance and obtain your consent.
JR2019 shall store your Information for the period which is necessary to carry out the above purposes.
Prohibition of Disclosure and Provision of your Information to Third Party
JR2019 shall manage all Information provided by you in an appropriate manner as set out in this Policy and will not provide or disclose the Information to any third party, except as set forth below:
- ● Japan Rugby Football Union (“JRFU”) and any organization or entity that you belong to or register with as a member in order to buy tickets to Rugby World Cup 2019 so that any such organisation can judge whether you are eligible to buy tickets;
- ● JR2019's branches, agents or sub-contractors who will process your Information for the purpose of shipping tickets and/or goods, accounting and collection of payment on JR2019's behalf. These branches, agents and sub-contractors are not authorised by us to use or disclose your Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements;
- ● We will share the contact details you provide us, as well as information regarding the tickets to Rugby World Cup 2019 purchased by you (but not any financial information) to Rugby World Cup Limited and the organisers of future rugby world cup tournaments, who may send you information regarding the tickets you have purchased for Rugby World Cup, or, where you consent, send you information or seek your views, about rugby, Rugby World Cup 2019 and future tournaments and other sports events and activities;
- ● Official partners of Rugby World Cup 2019, who may wish to send you information and special offers relating to their products and services; and
- ● Where you consent to us doing so, we will share the contact details you provide us, as well as information regarding the tickets to Rugby World Cup 2019 purchased by you (but not any financial information) to World Rugby and its group companies in order to provide you with information about World Rugby, its events, activities and the game of Rugby Union.
- ● Any information you provide in response to any survey referred to above will be collected by our research partners (who may be located outside of Japan or the European Union) who will use such information on an aggregated and anonymised basis.
Except as described above, we will only disclose your Information without notice when such disclosure is required or permitted by law or regulation.
JR2019 will use your Information with JRFU pursuant to the conditions set out below:
|(1) Content of Information to be jointly used||Name, address, date of birth, gender, phone number and email address|
|(2) Joint users||JRFU|
|(3) Purpose of the joint use||Produce and use customer databases for ticket promotion, etc.|
|(4) Name of entity responsible for the management of your Information||JRFU and JR2019|
Links to third party websites
The Site may contain links to other websites whose privacy and information practices may be different to ours. JR2019 is not responsible or liable for the content or privacy policies of websites other than the Site. You should be aware of this when you leave the Site and we encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies and/or notices on other websites you visit.
JR2019 will keep your Information accurate and up-to-date (as notified by you to JR 2019), take necessary measures, such as development of internal management systems and the thorough education of its employees, in order to prevent the unauthorized access to, and the loss, damage, falsification and leakage of, your Information, and will strictly manage your Information by implementing appropriate safety measures.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented policies designed to safeguard your privacy and we will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
If we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, we urge you to keep the password safe and make sure you use a secure browser.
Use of your Information outside Japan or EU
Some of the organisations to which we disclose your Information may be situated outside of Japan, in countries or territories which do not have data protection laws as strict as in Japan.
If you reside within the EU or your data is stored within or transferred to the EU, you acknowledge and, to the extent required and/or permitted under applicable law, agree that some of the organisations to which we or World Rugby or its group companies disclose your Information may be situated outside of the EU, in countries or territories which do not have data protection laws as strict as in EU. In such case, we will take adequate measures to protect your Information. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a jurisdictional supervisory authority for unauthorised use or process of your Information.
The original of this Policy has been prepared in the Japanese language. In case of any inconsistency or difference between the original and any translation in any language other than Japanese, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Request for Disclosure, etc. and Inquiries
You have a right to access, disclose, correct, delete or update the Information that we hold about you under the applicable laws and regulations in relation to protection of personal data/information.
In addition, you also have the following rights under applicable law, although your ability to exercise these rights may be subject to certain conditions:
- ● the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- ● the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we erase your personal data; and
- ● the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it.
If at any time you wish to exercise these rights, or otherwise to disclose, correct, delete or update the Information which we hold about you, or if you wish to stop receiving information from JR2019, please contact us at the below. JR2019 will respond to such requests within a reasonable period of time, following taking steps to confirm that the person making the request is you.
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of your Information must be submitted to the below.
JR2019 Ticket Customer Centre
This policy was last updated on 6 July 2018.