A guide for first time users:
As the basic rule, you can only use the official resale service for tickets you purchased at our official ticketing site. Tickets purchased through other unauthorized channels are not valid, and cannot be used to be admitted to any of the RWC2019 matches.
However, please note that the official resale service cannot be used for the following tickets:
- Bundle Tickets (Team Pack, Stadium Pack)
- Premium Seat Tickets
- Sports Hospitality tickets
- RWC2019 Official Travel Packages
- Official Hospitality Packages
STEP 1Log in
Log into the official ticketing site.
Enter your ‘email address’ and ‘password’, then tick the ‘I am not a robot’ box before clicking on the ‘Login’ button.
Select ‘Ticket Resale’ from the menu.
STEP 2Select Ticket(s)
Tick the box on the right hand side to select the ticket(s) you wish to apply for resale.
Press the [submit] button to read and agree with the Official Ticket Resale Terms and Conditions.
- The status will change to “Awaiting acceptance”
- You can select from 1 ticket.
- You can request for resale until 4 days prior to the relevant match.
You will be notified via email for any tickets that are accepted for resale.
- The notification email will be sent out within 3 business days from the day you made the request.
- From Monday 16 September, the notification email will be sent out on the day following the day you made the request.
- With this email, your ticket will be made available for purchase on the official ticketing site.
- Even if your resale request includes multiple tickets, the resale may not be successful for all of the tickets.
- If you request one adult ticket and one child ticket for resale, and only the adult ticket is sold, you will no longer be able to sell or use the child ticket as a child under the age of 16 cannot be admitted alone.
- Wheelchair seat ticket will be resold with a seat for the companion (just as how it is being sold).
STEP 3Check the status
1When your ticket(s) is accepted for resale, the status will be displayed as "Made available for resale".
2You will be able to cancel your resale request any time as long as the ticket is not resold by clicking on the "Withdraw" button.
STEP 4Resale successful/unsuccessful
When the ticket you applied for resale is sold (i.e. resale is successful), you will be notified via email and the staus will be displayed as "Resold".
*The physical ticket sent to you will be invalidated (thus, you will not be able to use the ticket to access the match), and a new ticket will be issued for the purchaser.
When the resale is unsuccessful
- There is no guarantee that the ticket(s) you applied for resale will be resold.
- If the ticket(s) you applied for resale is not resold by two days prior to the relevant match, the resale will be automatically cancelled, and the ticket(s) will be kept valid for your use.
When the ticket you applied for resale is sold, the refund will be made according to the following procedures, starting from 1 July:
ProceduresPaper (Physical) Ticket
You are asked to send back the physical ticket to us at the following address. We ask you to bear the postage.
Rugby World Cup 2019 Resale Centre c/o JP BIZ MAIL
42-4 Akebono-cho, Senju, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0023
For all tickets returned, the refund process will be made within 16 days from the date when the ticket has been resold.
The status will continue to be displayed as “Resold (return ticket)” until the return is confirmed.
- For any tickets successfully resold but not sent back to Rugby World Cup 2019 Resale Centre, the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date.
- There will be no refund if, for some reasons, the invalidated physical ticket is confirmed to have been used to access the match.
For tickets successfully resold before 30 June: The refund process will be made after 1 July.
For tickets successfully resold after 1 July: The refund process will be made within 16 days from the date when the ticket has been resold.
Please note two percent (2%) of the ticket’s face value will be deducted from the refund as the consignment fee.
- For those who made the payment at a convenience store in Japan, convenience store charges you paid at the time of the purchase is not subject to refund.
- The donation you made at the time of the purchase is not subject to refund.
- Delivery fee and charges required at the time of the purchase are not subject to refund.
- If you purchased the ticket using your credit card, the refund will be made to the same credit card. The refund date will vary as it will be based on the credit card company’s policy.
The refund will be wired at your bank account through the payment service provider.
- Details will be sent via e-mail;
- You will be directed to a dedicated webpage to enter the bank account information;
- The refund will be made on the following business day.